Media Collection: Films by Language
Films by Language
Click on the languages listed below to see a listing of all DVDs in UW Libraries' catalog available in that language.
Catalog results are displayed by relevance. On the results page, the entries may be sorted by date or title.
Searching the Libraries' Catalog by Language
By using the Advanced Search option in the UW Libraries Catalog, you can locate DVDs or streaming video in a specific language. To search for a DVD, select "DVD/VIDEO/ETC" in the Material Type box. To search for streaming video, select "STREAMING VIDEO" in the Material Type box. Use the shift key along with the mouse pointer to select both types of media.
1. On the UW Libraries webpage, click on Catalog.
2. On the Catalog page, locate the Advanced Search button in the "Additional search types" box.
3. The cursor will automatically go to the first blank search field. Type in the asterisk character (*) (shift 8 on a keyboard).
4. Scroll down and click on "DVD/VIDEO/ETC" and/or "STREAMING VIDEO" in the Material Type box.
5. In the Language box, scroll and locate the desired language. Click on that language. Multiple selections can be made by using the shift key along with the mouse.
6. Scroll down and click on the green Submit button.
7. Search results will be displayed. The default display is by relevance. The results can also be sorted by date or title (alphabetically).
8. If no results are displayed, it means that there are no DVDs or streaming video available for that language.
9. The search for DVDs may be continued by clicking on the Check Prospector button.
Note: Many DVDs come in multiple languages. Be sure to read the additional information provided in the catalog record to ensure your desired language is one of the options.