This guide provides sources that graduating social workers can use after graduation. Most students, after learning to navigate databases available through UW Libraries' website, and easily acquiring articles through FindIT@UW and Request IT, realize that it will be more difficult to access information after graduation. Accessing information can be expensive, especially when articles are purchased directly through a publisher.
This guide will:
- Provide links to freely accessible databases, including how to limit your searches to the articles available for free through those databases
- Offer a source of purchasing articles through an interlibrary loan system used by health sciences professionals in the state
- Link to a guide that shows links to credible APPS for quick bedside information
- Describe how to set up alerts that will help identify current, freely available, articles and relevant news items
- Also included will be links to organizational web sites that provide filtered evidence based summaries, and links to patient education materials.