UW Libraries catalog: includes the collections of the University Libraries, UW Law Library, and the American Heritage Center. http://uwcatalog.uwyo.edu/
Tips for searching for books with images:
- Add "in art" or "photography" to a search to find books with artistic images related to that topic:
- wolves in art
- food in art
- photography of children
- Add “pictorial works” to a search to find books on various topics with lots of images: “Vietnam war” pictorial works
- Descriptions of books in the catalog give you clues that a book is illustrated:
- Description 192 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 19 cm. means the book has 192 pages, is illustrated, and some of the illustrations are color. The book is 19 centimeters tall (about 7-1/2 inches).
- Description 344 p.,  p. of plates : ill., map ; 21 cm. means this book includes 48 full-page illustrations (plates).
- Note that some heavily illustrated books are oversized and located in a separate section of the library. If the catalog gives a location of Folio Stacks Level 1, the book is larger than other books at the library.
Prospector: a unified catalog of twenty three-academic, public and special libraries in Colorado and Wyoming. UW students, faculty and staff can borrow materials from Prospector. http://prospector.coalliance.org/
Request It: UW students, faculty and staff can request books, journal volumes, journal articles and other materials, regardless of whether it is available in the UW Libraries, online or in libraries around the world. A free service! https://secure.uwlib.uwyo.edu/illiad/logon.html