eBooks and eAudiobooks: General Information & eBook Resources
How to Find eBooks at UW Libraries
Digital Rights Management
Many publishers and vendors of eBooks use Digital Rights Management technology to limit copying, printing, and sharing.
Adobe Digital Editions is required for some eBook resources in order to download an entire eBook.
UW Libraries offers eBooks through the following aggregators that host eBooks on their own platforms.
- ABC-CLIO eBook Collection (General)
- Ebook Central (General)
- EBSCOhost eBook Collection (General)
- Elsevier ScienceDirect (Science, technology)
- Gale Virtual Reference Library (General)
- Knovel (Engineering, science, technology)
- Oxford Scholarship Online (General)
- Safari Books Online (Business, digital media, technology)
- SpringerLink (Science, social sciences, technology)
- STAT!Ref (Health sciences)
- Taylor & Francis (formerly CRCnetBase) (Medical, science, technology)
- Wiley Online Library (General)
A Note on User Limitations
UW Libraries purchases eBooks as single-user, multiple-user, or unlimited-user titles. Below is a breakdown of potential user limits:
Ebook Central: titles are unlimited use, single-user, three simultaneous users, or 326 uses per year. Please note: ebrary is now a part of Ebook Central.
EBSCOhost: titles are single-user, three simultaneous users, or unlimited use.