The InfoLit modules are a set of six interactive tutorials and a pre and post-test on the library research process which you can add to your WyoCourses class shell. The resource aims to:
- Help students learn how to find relevant and reliable library and other research materials
- Formulate appropriate, workable research questions
- Synthesize what they learn into a final product such as a research paper, including citations that are apt for their field
We recommend these tutorials primarily for FYS classes.
The modules are:
- Pre and post-test
- Getting Started with Research
- Sources of Information
- Searching for Information
- Evaluating Information
- Presenting Research and Data
- Citations & Academic Integrity
Feel free to use these modules however they best meet the needs of your class: you can use just one, pick a few, or use the whole set. We have created subject-specific packages that you can meet with your subject librarian to incorporate into your class.