Publishing Contract Negotiations
Basic tips for contract negotiation for books and articles in the changing world of Open Access.
Traditionally authors signed all their rights away. Today's authors would like to disseminate their research broadly so they negotiate to keep their rights. Publishers only need the first right of publication. This means that authors can retain their rights to legally:
- use your work in class
- display a copy on your website
- distribute a copy to colleagues or at conferences
- use your work in future projects
To retain your rights, create an amendment by adding a Scholar's Copyright Addendum to your publishing contract.
- Last Updated: Mar 7, 2018 2:35 PM
- URL: https://uwyo.libguides.com/authorrights
- Print Page