Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Submission Instructions for articles and publications
Step 1 - Log In to WyoScholar
Visit the repository at wyoscholar.uwyo.edu and click “Log in”. This link will redirect you to UW’s standard log in page, allowing you to use your UW account.
You will not be required to set up a new account for this system.
Step 2 - Access the Submission Form
Once logged in, you will have an option to create a new item by clicking on “+ Create a new item” at the middle-left of the page. This will take you to the submission form.
Step 3 - Fill in the Submission Form
At minimum, you will need to include:
- Your File(s) (preferred formats are pdf)
- Title (title of your article or publication)
- Authors (yourself and other people who authored the text)
- Categories (fields of study, choose as many as fit your project/department – this list is searchable)
- Group (you can search the list for an appropriate sub-group)
- Item Type (choose what is most appropriate for your publication – common types for documents are in the Document Item Types box)
- Keyword(s) (5-10 keywords related to your article or publication)
- Description (Not Pictured – For papers, this will be your abstract. For other projects, include a brief description/summary of your material)
- License (Not Pictured – Select the license you want to apply to your submission. Learn more about licenses in the Copyright LibGuide. All rights reserved is a license option.)
- Subject (Not Pictured – Select the department(s) most closely related to your affiliation with the university. For authors with interdepartmental affiliation and/or for submissions with multiple authors, select all appropriate departments.
If you have questions or need further assistance, contact us at email@example.com.
Document Item Types
Item Types improve searchability within the system. Applying an appropriate item type improves searchability for publications. Common item types for documents are below:
- Journal Contribution - content formally published in an academic journal
- Book/Chapter - books are long-form content with multiple chapters; a chapter is a single, stand-alone chapter from a book
- Report - a formal account of an observation, investigation, finding, etc.
- Thesis - general term for all undergraduate/graduate paper submissions
For information on item types related to publications that are not documents, please visit the Other file types tab.
You may wish to apply an embargo if your publishing agreement requires you to do so, or if you would like to schedule the date your publication is publicly accessible. To embargo your material, select “Apply Embargo” at the bottom of the form and select the period of time you want your material to remain private. (Please leave the “Embargo Type” set to “On files only”)
If you plan to return to this form later, click “Save Changes.” Otherwise, check the “Publish” box before clicking “Save Changes.”
Once you've submitted your article or publication, your material will be approved and published in the repository within 5-7 business days.